NESST ENTERPRISE DEVELOPMENT MANAGER (EDM) FOR EUROPE
Állás - Job
A NESsT Europe Közhasznú Nonprofit Kft. budapesti irodájába keres
munkatársat a következő munkakörbe: Enterprise Development Manager (EDM)
for Europe. Jelentkezési határidő 2010. november 15.
NESsT is an international nonprofit organization that works to solve
critical social problems in emerging market countries by developing and
supporting social enterprises. Please visit our website at www.nesst.org.
NESsT is seeking a professional to work in the Budapest office to
participate in the management of the NESsT Venture Fund (NVF). The NVF
is an innovative model that provides capacity building and financial
support to a portfolio of social enterprises - businesses operated by
civil society organizations (CSOs) to strengthen their financial
sustainability and maximize their social impact. The position will be
based in Budapest, Hungary. It is a full-time position, and will report
directly to the Enterprise Development Director in Budapest. The main
- Oversee and manage program planning, activities, implementation and
evaluation of the NVF program,
- Identify, research, contact and develop relationships with potential
government, EU, corporate, venture capital and other investor/donor
resources to promote financial support of the NVF,
- Participate in and/or lead the process of NVF tools development,
- Participate in research and development of publications,
- Actively participate in the development and maintenance of the
Business Advisory Network that will invest financial, intellectual, and
social capital in the NVF and its portfolio of social enterprises,
Portfolio development and management
- Identify CSOs with innovative and high-impact social enterprises for
the NVF portfolio.
- Adapt and present workshops to CSOs on social enterprise development
and related topics.
- Provide one on one consulting support to CSOs in the NVF portfolio on
developing and running their social enterprise initiatives including
market research and marketing, financial analysis, and business plan
- Maintain an updated system of social enterprise performance
management, producing regular high-quality reports and communicating
with members of NESsT and the donor and investor communities.
- Liaise with existing and potential partners in the nonprofit and
- Education in business, economics, development studies or related
fields; graduate level studies/MBA preferred.
- Minimum 5 years of relevant work experience (small business experience
- Fluency in English and in one of the following Eastern European
languages: Croatian or Serbian strongly preferred, and Czech, Hungarian,
Slovak, or Romanian is a plus.
- Experience in market research, financial analysis, and business plan
- Experience in project management (experience with social projects a plus).
- Experience in consulting and training strongly preferred.
- Demonstrated knowledge of the social sector in Central Eastern Europe
and strong commitment to NESsT’s mission.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously and capacity to
combine attention to detail with a view of the big picture.
- Ability to be flexible, resourceful and innovative in a small,
dynamic, nonprofit environment.
- Advanced Excel, Word and PowerPoint skills.
- Experience working in a multicultural, diverse, and very virtual
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to work independently
and as a member of a team.
- Willingness and predisposition to travel.
Compensation: Salary in local currency. Competitive nonprofit salary
based on experience and salary history.
The position starts on 1 January 2011 the latest.
- Review of applications and interviews will begin immediately, however
the cutoff date for applications is November 15, 2010.
- Send resume and cover letter in English, including net salary
expectations and salary history for the past three years, via email to
firstname.lastname@example.org. NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE!
- In the subject of the email, please write “EDM Europe application".
- Only short-listed applicants will be contacted.